Home Security Zone
Welcome to the Home Security Zone – your one stop destination for news and information on all aspects of home security.
Owning a home is one of those fundamental, life-changing experiences. Before owning a home, most of us don’t spend a lot of time dwelling on the subject of home security. But after signing our names on loan documents, putting down a substantial down payment, and agreeing to make hefty loan payments for the next 30 years, it’s a whole different ballgame.
For the vast majority of us, a home is the largest purchase that we will make in our lifetime. And honestly, it’s not even really ours (free and clear) until we’ve spent a large part of our lifetime making mortgage payments on it.
The simple fact of the matter is that once you purchase a home, you simply cannot afford to take home security lightly. It’s a serious subject and it deserves some serious attention.
And as you might have guessed, the subject of home security is not a small one. There are a lot of different components, each with its own subtleties. Sure, there’s the basic stuff like:
- Should you invest in a home alarm system?
- Do you need home monitoring?
- Should you use a home camera system to monitor and record activity around your home?
- And if so, do you want a wireless system or a more traditional wired system?
However, there are also other home security concerns that are less obvious and sometimes overlooked by people who are considering home security concerns in a hurried manner. These questions involve subjects like:
- Is your auto insurance policy adequate for covering damage to your car in the event that it’s vandalized while at home?
- Do you have sufficient home-contents insurance to cover a worst-case-scenario type of event?
- What risk do you have with respect to flooding and if it really happens do you have all of the flood coverage that you need (most home-owner’s policies do not cover flooding)?
- Are you or your family members taking appropriate action to minimize the probability that you will be victims of crime?
- What’s your exposure to a lawsuit resulting from somebody being injured on your property?
- Would you benefit from a blanket insurance policy?
Honestly, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There’s a lot to consider and sometimes it can feel overwhelming.
The good news, however, is that you don’t have to figure it out all on your own. There are plenty of resources that you can take advantage of – and you’re reading one of them right now.
We’ve put together a substantial collection of information on all different aspects of home security. From home alarms to wireless security cameras to home contents insurance, we’ve got all of the bases covered.
So have a look around, dig in, explore the different subjects, and continue your journey toward improved home security. Hopefully, by the time you’re done you’ll have benefited from the content on this site and you’ll be in a position to take action and improve your overall home security in a meaningful way.